Taking good care of your retainers is same as taking care of your double bass pedal and is necessary so it wouldn’t have a build up of tartar and to avoid having an awful odor.
To properly clean your retainers, you must follow these simple steps:
1. Rinse with warm water. It is important to rinse your retainers first with warm water. Be sure that the water is just warm and not hot. Hot water might damage your retainers.
2. Soak in vinegar. After rinsing, put your retainers in a container and fill it up with vinegar or water you use to soak it in. Let is sit for about two to five minutes.
3. Scrub with brush. After soaking it, scrub the retainers gently with a brush. Be sure to scrub the whole retainer especially the body to remove the saliva and softened tartar that got stuck onto it.
4. Rinse with warm water again. Once again, rinse the retainers with warm water.
5. Repeat if necessary. If you are still unsatisfied, you may repeat as necessary.