Keep enough su7pplies in your home to last three days. Assemble items you may need in an evacuation. Store supplies in sturdy, easy-to-carry containers such as backpacks, duffle bags or plastic trash cans with lids. Keep important family documents in a waterproof container. Keep a smaller kit in the trunk of your car
Include in your Disaster Supplies Kit:
- A three-day supply of water (one gallon per person per day) and food that won’t spoil.
- One change of clothing and footwear per person, and one blanket or sleeping bag per person.
- A First aid kit that includes your family’s prescription medications.
- An extra set of car keys and a credit card or cash.
- Emergency tools including a Battery-powered radio, flashlight and plenty of extra batteries.
- Sanitation supplies
- Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members
- An extra pair of glasses.